Skip to main content

Buddha's Rhubarb Of Opinions On Media: My Glib Review of The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Buddha's Rhubarb Of Opinions On Media: My Glib Review of The Wolf Of Wall Street.: Glib Reviews of Recently Released DVDs The Wolf Of Wall Street - Directed By Martin Scorsese Its pretty difficult, given all the...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hair colour, Pride, and comfortable shoes.

Field Notes In/On Transition. Hair colour, Pride, and comfortable shoes. August, thus far has been a bit hotter and stickier here in the “Groovy ‘Couv,” than the previous couple of months... my brain is a tub of molasses, it seems. Hopefully it will cool down so I can get back to posting as regularly as I have been all summer. It’s “Pride Week” or for me really, the weekend at least, I went to the parade yesterday (Sunday, August 5th), after missing it last year due to extreme laziness. But this year I am feeling a bit more proud of myself, and I had a pal to hang out with and see the parade. I often end up going to things like this alone, and feeling less included than I ought to. More on that in a bit, first let me rewind to Saturday and talk about taking another one of those things that for me, is a big step on my journey: having a real “hair appointment.” (there’s a Bugs Bunny reference there somewhere)  I went down to one of those salons (The former “Joji...

Field Notes In/On Transition

Field Notes In/On Transition 20/04/12 Yesterday I mentioned to my neighbour, about how now, at not quite a month into HRT (Anti Androgen lowering testosterone slowly over several month to lady levels.) “My emotions are seeming to come from a different place”. This is at least…  how I have processed my recent emotional life, at any rate.  If you know me, you know that I can have a short fuse at times. It often erupts more with pissiness winning out over pithiness. It’s happened a few times recently, and the best way to explain it is of course, with fuzzy metaphors: With my former (I see as) elevated testosterone levels, my pissiness had a rougher rusty serrated edge yet foggy to it. My lowered testosterone rages seem cleaner, razor edged, sharp like a samurai sword across a sunset. I still have a hair trigger, it’s just easier for me to get over it.  Weird? yes, but well, I am more of a poet, than I am any other kind of writer, and imagery is my bread, pea...

Date Night

Field Notes In/On Transition Date Night  So, the other day, I was feeling particularly pretty, as I am starting to feel a bit more comfortable with doing my makeup. I have got some tips from lady friends, and watched a bunch of videos, as I mentioned in my last post. But there is no teacher like experience... doing the makeup and watching a video are very different.  On Tuesday, I did myself up I think very nicely, subtle, natural looking, and felt really sexy in my skirt and striped hose. I’ve also found some low heels that are comfortable and cute enough to wear all day at work. Late in my shift an older gentleman (around retirement age, I’m guessing) who I hadn’t seen since well before I started my transition. He was looking at some movies in our staff picks, then came up and rented a documentary on The Beats, and complimented me on my new look, asked me if I would like to go out for dinner, then if I was single, I said yes, to both, without really mu...